BECOME A MENTOR!
Thank you for your interest in mentoring for the upcoming PrePro initiative.
PrePro was created to guide those between the ages of 18 and 23 years old looking to get into the post production or music fields.
The goal of the organization is to get encourage more culturally diverse students to investigate careers in the various crafts and disciplines within our industry. It’s also designed to demonstrate how they can obtain the necessary skills to land an entry level position at a post production, audio post or music studio.
We want to be positive role models for the lives of the youth in our program, so any help or guidance we can provide, beyond that dealing with the nuts and bolts of our business, would be welcome. This is an opportunity to influence the career path of a young person while simultaneously helping our industry become more reflective of society. It’s a win-win for both you and your mentee, and represents a great opportunity for our industry to give back.
To get the most out of your mentorship:
- Commit to focused time. The expectation is 10 to 15 hours per month. How frequently you meet is at your discretion.
- Be clear about your availability and avoid multi-tasking.
- Set expectations and boundaries. Define the roles, expectations and goals for each of you.
- Be a resource for information and skill building. Suggest appropriate skills training and opportunities for growth.
- Hold each other accountable for commitments to your shared goals.
- Be curious and in communication. Serve as a confidante to your mentee by providing objective, appropriate and timely professional advice.
Check out our What is PrePro? page for more information.
We look forward to working with you!